Mel’s Kicked Up Holiday Series Cranberry Sauce
- 1 ½ 100% Cranberry Juice
- 1 ½ cup Sugar (add more or less to adjust to your preference)
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- Zest of 1 Orange
- Juice from 1 Orange
- 2 or more TBL Grand Marnier Liquor (optional)
- 2 pound bag fresh cranberries
- Combine the Cranberry Juice, Sugar, Cinnamon Sticks, Zest and Juice from an Orange in a pot and bring to a slow boil, be sure to stir a few times.
- Next add the Cranberries and bring back to a slow boil, after 5 minutes, reduce to a simmer and continue to cook for about 10 more minutes.
- Taste and adjust for sweetness. Add more sugar if sauce is too tart, if sauce is too sweet, just add water.
- Take off heat. At this point you can puree in blender/food processor etc. Or if your family prefers a chunky sauce, do a soft mash and/or leave as is.
- Pour into decorative container, cover and allow to chill for a few hours.
- Bring back to room temperature about an hour before serving.